A Pre-Op Call Nurse will call you 1-2 days prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. If you have not received a call by 2:00 p.m. the day before your surgery or have additional questions, please call us at 203-743-2402.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure unless otherwise advised by the surgical center (this includes gum, hard candy or a glass of water).
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
If you have a ring that you cannot remove due to tightness located on an extremity which is being operated on, please see a jeweler prior to the date of surgery to have the ring removed.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home. The facility is not responsible for
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have questions or any changes in your physical condition (this includes such conditions as an elevated temperature, cough, cold, etc.)
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare and/or Medical Assistance information.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis, UBER, or other public transportation. You may NOT drive yourself home.
- Escort: It is recommended that a responsible person stay with you for at least 24 hours after your procedure.
- Legal Guardian: If applicable, a patient’s legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, please plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery. Children in the waiting room must have a responsible adult with them.
- Interpreter: If the patient does not speak English or uses sign language, an interpreter service can be provided at no charge to the patient. Please call the Pre-Op Call Nurse for more information at 203-743-2402.